Make your own healthy vegan Nutella using just 4 simple ingredients. The key ingredient is of course hazelnuts. Just roast them on your own, add them to a food processor or high-speed blender and process until you get a smooth nut butter. Then, all you have to do is add raw cacao powder, pure maple syrup, and your favorite non-dairy milk. Process some more until you get your rich delicious vegan Nutella spread. Simple as that!
Healthy Homemade “Nutella” [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 275°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place hazelnuts on the sheet in a single layer and roast for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them towards the end to make sure they don’t burn
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes
- Place hazelnuts in the food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes (or longer depending on the power of your machine) until they turn into a smooth butter. Pause the food processor every 1-2 minute(s) to prevent it from getting hot and scrape down the sides
- Add the rest of ingredients and blend for about 2-3 minutes until it’s smooth like Nutella!
- Pour into a jar and enjoy with fruits, on toast, on with a spoon! Stays fresh for 2-3 weeks in the fridge
Feel free to spice up your Nutella to your liking. I like to experiment with a pinch of sea salt, cinnamon or vanilla from time to time!