Warming, comforting and satisfying. This golden curried quinoa makes the perfect lunch or dinner. It’s the kind of dish that can be whipped up easily on a busy weeknight. It’s bursting of flavour and is super nourishing.
Healthy Golden Curried Quinoa [Vegan]
For the Curry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
For the Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 1/2 cup cooked sweetcorn
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, curry, cumin spices and stir for 1-2 minutes (until aromatic). Take off heat, pour into a clean small bowl and set aside.
- Using the same medium saucepan, pour in the water and bring to boil. Add the rinsed quinoa to the saucepan and let simmer on low heat for about 12-15 minutes, stirring every so often until the liquid has dissolved and the quinoa is cooked.
- Once cooked, turn off heat and place a lid on the quinoa and let it “fluff” for 5 minutes. Take lid off and give it a good stir.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl. Add toasted sweetcorn, peas, pumpkin seeds and raisins and toss. Pour in the curry sauce and toss.
- Optional serve with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and lime wedge