These burritos are perfect for weekend breakfast as they're high in protein and they pack a punch of flavor too! You can be as experimental as you want with the fillings, I reckon some smashed avocado would go perfectly!
Healthy Breakfast Wrap [Vegan]
For the Wrap:
- 1 wholemeal seeded wrap
- 1/3 can Mexican beans
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 1 handful rocket
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Chili sauce to to taste
- 1 tablespoon crushed avocado/guacamole
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Heat oil on medium heat and add the garlic.
- Once the garlic starts to cook add the onion and stir.
- As the onion starts to brown add the red pepper and mushrooms and stir.
- Add the cajun spice, salt and pepper.
- Once the veg is almost cooked, lower the heat and add the beans.
- Continue to stir until the beans have cooked through, then turn off the heat and stir through the nutritional yeast so it dissolves.
- Spread the hummus (and/or guacamole) on the wrap and add the bean mixture.
- Top with rocket and chili sauce.
- Roll the wrap up.