Healthy Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal made with all gluten-free and vegan ingredients as well as being high in protein. A delicious breakfast recipe with no sugar added and minimal prep required!
Healthy Apple Pie Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or homemade puree
- 1 cup almond milk (or sub any non-dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup creamy nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 scoops of protein powder- I used vanilla flavoured
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (any kind)
- Optional: handful chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x9 baking dish
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, nut butter, milk, flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon then fold in apples and walnuts if using
- Add to baking dish and spread with a spatula so it is even across the dish
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until ready Slice into bars and enjoy!