This simple, fast, dairy-free gruyere cheese comes together in just 15 minutes. It's perfect for pasta, quiches, gratins — any dish that calls for a nutty, slightly sweet cheese! You can even enjoy it as a snack paired with crackers and a glass of Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.
Gruyere Cheese [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Gruyere Cheese [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced or powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini sauce or paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
How to Prepare Gruyere Cheese [Vegan]
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Heat the cheese over medium heat, stirring the mixture constantly, until the cheese begins to thicken, about 5-7 minutes depending on the strength of your stove.
- Turn off the heat and continue to stir the cheese for another minute or two.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- After you allow the cheese to cool, either add it directly to a recipe or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yields 1 cup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- All Vegan Cheese
- Cheesy Recipes
- Nut-Free Vegan Cheese
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 220 | Total Carbs: 33 g | Total Fat: 18 g | Total Protein: 16 g | Total Sodium: 585 g | Total Sugar: 0 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.