This plant based ground walnut sausage is so delicious. It can be eaten by itself or paired with your other favorites. It is a perfect meal for a cold winter night when you need something filling to warm you up!
Ground Walnut Sausage [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans
- Place the sage, thyme, basil, marjoram, fennel seeds, rosemary, cayenne, red pepper flakes and salt into your food processor and process for about 20 seconds, until the fennel seeds and rosemary are chopped up a bit.
- Add the walnuts and cannellini beans to the food processor and process until there are no big chunks of walnuts. Don’t over process because you don’t want a smooth paste. You want it to be crumbly. If there are some little pieces of walnut and beans, this is just fine.
- Add a bit more salt if you think it needs it and transfer the mixture to a container and store in the fridge just like this.
- When ready to eat, heat up in a skillet and add to Tacos, Burritos, Pizza, Pasta, or Salad Bowls. It's also yummy as a dip.