This easy vegan dish combines vibrant green tea soba noodles, toasted sesame seeds, and umami baked tofu stir fried in a spicy and flavorful sauce!
Green Tea Sesame Soba Noodles With Stir Fried Tofu [Vegan]
- 4 ounces green tea soba noodles
- 1- 14 ounce block extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and cut tofu into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turning tofu after the first 15 minutes.
- Heat a pot of salted boiling water and cook soba noodles according to package instructions (mine took about 2 minutes to cook).
- Drain and rinse with warm water and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add ginger and rice vinegar, and turn heat down to low medium. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add baked tofu, arranging so each piece of tofu lies flat on the pan.
- Add soy sauce, wasabi, and miso, and turn heat up to medium high. The sauce should bubble and/or thicken slightly.
- Toss all the tofu with the sauce for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour tofu and sauce over soba noodles and toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.