In this recipe, a flavorful basil pesto is stirred with plenty of green vegetables, rice, and carrots. The little additions on top of the bowl are lemony sautéed kale and broccolini, both of which are tossed in the pesto, steamed carrot, and creamy avocado. This dish is pretty healthy, pretty simple, and done in under 15 minutes. If you’re keen on an easy, fuss-free, healthy dinner, try out this green dish.
Green Detox Bowl With Thai Basil Pesto [Vegan]
For the Thai Basil Pesto:
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped Thai basil
- 1/2 cup packed baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 of a ripe avocado
For the Bowl:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, still warm
- 1/2 an avocado, cubed
- 1 carrot, chopped roughly and steamed till tender
- 1 small bunch of broccolini, steamed till tender
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup chopped kale
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- A tiny pinch of sea salt
- Prepare the Thai basil pesto by blending all the pesto ingredients together in a food processor for a minute. You still want to be able to see flecks of the herbs, so don't blend it until it's super smooth. Set aside.
- To warm cooked rice, stir in 4 tablespoons of your Thai basil pesto and stir till mixed through.
- To steam broccolini, stir in 2 tablespoons of your Thai basil pesto and stir through.
- Place rice in a bowl, top with broccolini, carrot and avocado.
- At the last minute, heat a pan with oil and cook kale with lemon zest and salt till just wilted. Transfer wilted kale to your super massive bowl of food and enjoy.