While lentil soup is certainly a vegan staple, there are countless varieties that each have a unique blend of flavors. This particular soup has a green curry base with garlic and ginger accents. It is perfectly soothing served with a generous scoop of coconut yogurt on top!
Green Curry Lentil Soup [Vegan]
- 2 cups green lentils
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 peeled and chopped big carrots
- 1 chopped red or green pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk or coconut yogurt
- Prepare ingredients. Add vegetable broth to a large pot and bring to a boil, add lentils and spices and turn down to medium heat. Let lentils cook for about 40 minutes or until soft.
- Add in chopped veggies and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Let soup cool and swirl in coconut milk and additional cilantro. The soup is great served over rice or with warm corn tortillas.