Thick, creamy, and full of flavor, these green beans and potatoes are served in a peanut sauce with a hint of Asian flavor. The sauce is made from creamy peanut butter combined with sesame oil and sweet chili oil, then topped with chopped peanuts for extra crunch. The potatoes are soft and tender, the beans are tender-crisp, and the dish is perfect served over a bed of quinoa.
Green Beans and Potatoes in Creamy Peanut Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Small pinch of red chili flakes for more heat (optional)
For the Green beans and Potatoes:
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 14 ounces green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 medium potato, peeled and sliced in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 2/3 cups coconut water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- A pinch of red chili flakes (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Raw peanuts to garnish, chopped
- In a food processor, blend ginger and garlic until finely chopped, then add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a wok or deep frying pan with a lid, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Then add the onion and cook until translucent for about 2-3 minutes. Add ginger and sauté for another minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the potatoes are golden.
- Now add the green beans and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Stir in the peanut sauce and the coconut water, Sriracha, sweet chili sauce, and lime juice and season with red chili flakes and sea salt to taste.
- Bring to gentle boil, reduce the heat and cover with lid, let it simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes and green beans are cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve hot on a bed of cooked quinoa, rice or noodles.