These look like Clif bars and have the addictive, raw cookie dough texture of Clif bars, but they do not taste like the popular nutrition bar – they taste better! How? Simple. These bars ditch all of the processed stuff – soy protein isolate, soy flour, refined sugar – and only uses quality ingredients like nuts, seeds, vanilla extract, flaxseed meal, coconut flour, and chickpeas. One bite of these bars and you will be hooked!
Grain-Free Clif Bars [Vegan]
- 1 packed cup whole pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup nuts or seeds of your choice
- 1/4 cup creamy nut or seed butter
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour
- In a small bowl, soak the dates in enough warm water to cover. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the coconut and nuts/seeds in a food processor until chopped into small, grain-size pieces (it's okay if they're not uniform in size). Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain the dates and place in food processor along with nut/seed butter, milk, and vanilla. Process until smooth. Add the drained chickpeas. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl several times. Transfer mixture to bowl with chopped coconut mixture.
- Mix the date mixture and coconut mixture util blended. Mix in the flaxseed meal and 2 tablespoons coconut flour. If mixture is not stiff enough for bars, stir in an additional tablespoon of coconut flour.
- Divide dough into 10 equal portions and shape into 10 bars on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill for at least 30 minutes until firm.