The salty flavor and strong bite of the classic Italian blue cheese is captured beautifully in this superb tofu-based cheese. You’ll love the pungent, tangy flavor of this vegan variety. Impress your guests by serving this beauty as part of a cheese plate with fruit and crackers or crumbled on top of a pear and arugula salad.
Gorgonzola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Gorgonzola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon spirulina
How to Prepare Gorgonzola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Drain and press the tofu to release its liquid. Place all the ingredients, except the spirulina, in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, dot the cheese with the spirulina, and fold it over a few times to create the blue-green veins.
- Place the cheese mixture in a container lined with plastic wrap and pack it with a spatula, smoothing the surface. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours to firm and set.
- Wrap the cheese in plastic wrap. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Will keep, refrigerated, for 1 to 2 weeks. The flavor will continue to develop as it ages.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
682 11 65 21 1118 6 Total Calories: 682 | Total Carbs: 11 g | Total Fat: 65 g | Total Protein: 21 g | Total Sodium: 1,118 mg | Total Sugar: 6 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.