Have you ever wanted to make crunchy crackers at home? Looking for something healthy to dip in your hummus other than fresh vegetable sticks? Then you are in luck! These crackers are quick and easy to make. You can vary these up by adding different herbs and spices, and you can also play around with the shape of them for total variety. Enjoy!
Golden Flax Seed Crackers [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or whole spelt flour
- 1/2 cup golden flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt and more for topping, optional
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast optional
- 1/2 cup almond milk or plant milk of choice
- Combine all of the ingredients except the almond milk and mix well.
- Add almond milk to the dry mix and combine into a dough.
- Put dough in fridge for 10 minutes to let it cool and rest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Roll dough flat and evenly on non-stick parchment paper and score shapes using a pizza cutter or knife. (see video above for demonstration).
- Sprinkle salt over the top if wanted and roll lightly using rolling pin.
- Place in oven for 20 to 30 minutes until desired crispiness is achieved. This will vary depending on how thinly you have rolled the dough.
- Flax Seed