Most recipes pita bread contain yeast and most of the time you just don’t have time for that. This might be better described as a flatbread recipe but either works.
Gluten-Free Pita Bread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Gluten-Free Pita Bread [Vegan]
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
How to Prepare Gluten-Free Pita Bread [Vegan]
- In a mixing bowl add the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt and mix that together so everything is combined. Then add the Water and Olive Oil.
- With a wooden spoon mix everything and once it gets too hard to mix use your hands to make sure all the flour is incorporated. It should end up as a well formed ball.
- Take the ball and split it into four even balls. Now pat or roll these out so them form flat round dough.
- In a skillet over medium heat add a little olive oil and cook each flatbread one at a time. Flip to cook on the other side once it starts to toast.
- Continue that with all the dough. Keep them like this a serve while warm or cut them into chip sized pieces and bake at 350ºF for 5-10 minutes until they’re crisp like pita chips.
- Serve with hummus or any dip of choice and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.