This ginger soy tofu is a great staple to have around for when you're craving Asian cuisine but don't necessarily want to give in to take-out. It's gingery, spicy from Sriracha, and perfectly savory from soy sauce. Let this tofu be the star of the show by serving it on a simple bed of white rice or combine it with fresh vegetables and noodles for a flavorful stir-fry.
Ginger Soy Tofu [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Ginger Soy Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced thin (optional)
How to Prepare Ginger Soy Tofu [Vegan]
- Slice the tofu into about 6-8 pieces.
- Mix all of the other ingredients in a shallow dish and add your tofu. Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan on the stove. Add the tofu with the sauce and cook until tofu is heated through and sauce begins to thicken (about 2 minutes for each side of the tofu). Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.