This one is a really easy recipe--it's a mix of vegetables cooked in coconut milk that we call 'ginataang gulay,' You can have this dish with some cooked rice for a really hearty and satisfying meal. Check out the really simple recipe below! Enjoy!
Ginataang Gulay (Vegetables in Coconut Milk) [Vegan]
- 1 red onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups string beans (sitaw)
- 1/2 small pumpkin (kalabasa), cut into 1.5 inch cubes (makes around 4 cups of cubes)
- 2 large green chili peppers, optional
- 3 cups fresh malunggay (moringa) leaves, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Heat a large pan. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté the onions and garlic. Once tender, add in 2.5 cups of coconut milk.
Add in the vegetables then leave to boil for 10-12 minutes until the vegetables are almost cooked through.
Add the rest of the coconut milk and the malunggay leaves (if using). Season with salt to taste.
Leave to cook over medium high heat for a few more minutes until the vegetables are cooked through. Adjust seasoning depending on desired taste. Enjoy while hot!
- Coconut Milk