Get festive with this beautifully presented German plum cake! Sweet and moist, you can either serve it with finely shredded dried coconuts or powdered sugar.
German Plum Cake [Vegan]
- 1 and 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (you can reduce the sugar to 1/4 cup and it tastes and bakes perfectly fine too)
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 and 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 8-7 plums, halved
- Optional: 2 tablespoons shredded coconut or powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk with apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 10 min or until it starts to curdle.
- Wash, pit and halve plums.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add all liquid ingredients quickly and immediately start to mix gently until cake batter is mixed thoroughly.
- Pour batter in into cake pans and quickly top with plum halves (they will sink to the bottom which is what you want, otherwise press them down gently)
- Bake for about 25-30 min, sometimes 35 min or test by inserting knife or skewer into the center of the cake and check if it comes out clean.