These mushrooms are proof that even with few ingredients, you can make a fantastic vegetable-based dinner. This quick stir-fry can be thrown together in just 15 minutes, making it the perfect accompaniment to an easy weeknight meal. It is perfectly delightful in its simplicity, just sautéed mushrooms that are tender, meaty, garlicky, and spicy. Just pair it with grains and your favorite vegetables for an easy dinner or throw it on toast for a savory breakfast.
15-Minute Garlicky Pepper Mushroom Stir-Fry [Vegan]
- 1 cup White Button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup pearl onions
- 10 garlic cloves,crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- A few fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Wash and pat dry mushrooms. Set aside. Ground the black pepper and set aside. Crush garlic cloves and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. When oil turns hot add garlic and pearl onions and sauté for about a minute.
- Add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add mushrooms mix well until every mushroom is well-coated with pepper. Stir constantly and cook mushrooms for about 3-5 minutes, or until done. Do not overcook mushrooms.
- Remove from stove and sprinkle fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it an appetizer, side dish, on toast, or with grains and other vegetables for a complete meal.