For a visually striking touch to your table, include this beautiful spiralized zucchini and beet salad at your next get together. The vivid color of the deep dark red beet spirals, the refreshing green and decorative cilantro leaves, and the slightly beet-stained pink zucchini noodles make it visually appealing and appetizing to the eye. It's fresh, garlicky, and light.
Garlic Zucchini and Beet Noodle Salad [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 16 ounces zucchini squash
- 1 small beet
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil after the pan is hot and then wait for 15 seconds until the oil is hot. Remove the skillet from heat and then add the minced garlic and sesame seeds. Set aside and let this garlic oil cool to room temperature while preparing the other ingredients.
- Trim the ends off the zucchini squash and beet. Use a vegetable spiralizer to make thick spiral noodles. Place the zucchini noodles and beet noodles in separate bowls. Add the cooled garlic oil into the zucchini noodles and gently toss until the oil is evenly coated on the noodles. You can refrigerate the noodles until they are ready to serve later.
- Before serving, whisk together all the dressing ingredients except cilantro leaves. Gently toss together with the zucchini noodles, beet noodles, and cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.