Bring some Indian spice into your life with these garam masala burgers! Chock full of veggies, quinoa, and black beans, these gems are not only flavorful, they're super filling! Enjoy the patties in burger form or feel free to deviate from the recipe and use them as a salad topper or in a wrap.
Garam Masala Veggie Burger [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Garam Masala Veggie Burger [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic, cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 of 1 serrano pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked, peeled, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Garam Masala Veggie Burger [Vegan]
- In the bowl of a food processor add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, Serrano pepper, and corn kernels and process until the vegetables are chopped finely but not puréed.
- In a large pan, set to medium-low heat, sauté vegetable mixture until all of the liquid has evaporated, about 5–7 minutes. Set aside and let cool for 5 min.
- In a large bowl, combine brown rice, quinoa, beans, sweet potato, garam masala, paprika, corn flour, parsley, vegetable mixture, salt, and pepper.
- Place half of the mixture back into the food processor and pulse 3 times. Return mixture to bowl and mix well.
- Form into patties. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- To cook, sauté in 1 tablespoon of oil for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.