This time we want to present a healthy alternative to the industrial jelly made with gelatin that we know are made from animal tissues. For this recipe we will use a gelling agent known as agar agar.
All Natural Fruit-Colored Jelly Candy [Vegan]
- 1 cup orange juice, pineapple, raspberry, cherries, etc. According to the color we want the jelly beans to be .
- 1 teaspoon agar agar
- Sweetener to taste: 1 tablespoon of sugar or 7 drops of stevia for 1 cup
- Silicone molds
- Place in a saucepan (small pot with mango) the orange juice and boil for a few minutes.
- In 1/4 cup of cold water place the agar agar and dissolve with a spoon very well. Add the juice and let it boil on high heat for three minutes.
- Churn with metal rods so that no lumps are formed. We empty the liquid in the molds. Leave at room temperature for about 20 minutes and after this time we take it to the refrigerator for another 20 minutes.
- Note: You can make a quicker version of the gummies using vegetable dyes to give them color. In this case, only one drop of dye should be added to the cup of hot water.
- Agar Agar