A perfect, quick dessert you can make at home to share with your friends for your BBQ tonight, or your family potluck this afternoon. Or just eat all by yourself at home on your day off. No sharing required. Because with the combination of mint and chocolate and frozen and treat, you may end up wanting to do just that. And it’s totally acceptable.
Frozen Summer Mint Slice [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup dates
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut cream (the top layer of a can of refrigerated coconut milk)
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon mint powder
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon greens powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor, and blend until a clump forms.
- Remove from the bowl of the processor and flatten into a pan, about one half to one centimeter thick. Put the base in the fridge to harden.
- Begin by scooping out 1 cup of the hardened coconut milk – just the white layer on top, not the coconut water at the bottom. When you put the can in the fridge, the two layers should naturally separate.
- Place the coconut cream, avocado, ground mint, honey and greens powder in a medium size bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the ingredients until a smooth, creamy mixture results, with no lumps.
- Fold in fresh mint.
- Scoop mint mixture onto crust, smooth out the top and place in the freezer to harden.
- After 2-3 hours, or just before serving, remove the slice from the oven and cut into squares using a warm knife.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the squares and enjoy!