This naturally sweetened crust uses almond flour and shredded coconut for a healthier version of a graham-cracker crust. The tart is topped with a peach filling that tastes like an indulgent, fruity ice cream. For the ultimate treat, whip up some full-fat coconut milk into a whipped cream topping.
Frozen Peach Tart With Almond Coconut Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Almond Coconut Crust:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (plus more for greasing pie pan)
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling and Garnish:
- 12 ounces frozen peaches
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, chilled and separated
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegan graham crackers
To Make the Almond Coconut Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt together coconut oil and agave. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together the coconut, almond flour, and salt until finely ground.
- Add liquid mixture to almond-coconut mixture in the food processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs form. Dough should clump together when squeezed.
- Transfer dough to a greased 9-inch pie pan. Using a measuring cup or your fingers, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
To Make the Filling and Assemble the Tart:
- Puree the frozen peaches in a food processor or blender (the texture will be coarse).
- Separate the thick coconut cream from the milk. Reserve the milk for other uses.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the coconut cream on medium-high until fluffy. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and peach puree. Continue to blend until combined.
- Pour the peach mixture into the prepared crust and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Place in the freezer. Thaw slightly before serving.