Lavender lemonade is a perfect drink for any time of year. Lavender has such a calming and soothing smell––Is there anything better? Adding lavender to a bright sugary drink is probably not what you would usually think of when thinking of the calming properties of this plant but the combination is delightful! The light floral touch that the lavender gives the citrusy lemon tones down the drink and makes it even more refreshing. Plus, who can resist fresh squeezed lemonade?! Try out this lavender lemonade for a calming take on the classic drink.
Fresh Lavender Lemonade [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup water
- 5 or 6 sprigs of lavender; if you are using dried start with 1 teaspoon. You may have to adjust this depending on the potency of your lavender.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 ice cold water
- In a sauce pan, bring to boil sugar, 1 c of water and lavender. Mix it around, helping the sugar dissolve.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, place it in the fridge to cool down.
- When you're ready, add your lemon juice and more ice cold water. Enjoy!!