This simple 10-minute Korean bean sprout salad is fresh, crunchy, and addicting. Toss them into a stir-fry, enjoy it as a side dish, mix into a salad, or eat it as is. No matter how you eat it, you'll love it!
Fresh Korean Bean Sprout Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8-ounces (1/2 pound) of mung bean sprouts
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon gochugaru (based on spice preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Clean bean sprouts by removing thin long tails and discarding any brown caps.
- Rinse gently under cold water and drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes and add bean sprouts. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add 1 tablespoon water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan. Turn heat to low and place a lid on the pan to steam for 6 minutes. Do not remove lid!
- Afterwards, rinse under cold water, drain and place in bowl
- Add scallions, gochugaru, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, 1/4 tsp salt. Toss and serve
Do not remove lid while bean sprouts steam on low heat for the full 6 minutes Can keep refrigerated overnight, but no more than 2 days
- Beans - Mung