This incredible blend of breakfast classics will make you never miss your meat and dairy eating days! Somehow this recipe successfully captures the taste of french toast, oatmeal, 'scrambled eggs' and 'sausage' to make a brunch lovers dream come true.
French Toast Zoats With Tofu Scramble and Sausage [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup tofu scramble of choice
- 2 breakfast sausage patties or links
- Prepared French Toast Zucchini Oatmeal (below)
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
For the French Toast Zucchini Oatmeal:
- 1 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/3 cup quick-cook steel cut oats
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, grated (peeling optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rounded 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2-4 teaspoons maple syrup
- Prepare tofu scramble and breakfast sausage as directed and set aside.
- Bring milk to a boil, add grated zucchini and oats, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, divide oatmeal into two bowls. Add 1/4 cup tofu scramble and one sausage patty to each bowl. Top with another shake of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.