These breakfast links are a delicious, high protein addition to any breakfast table. They have a firm texture and a crispy outside. You can serve them alongside a zesty, Southwestern-style tofu scramble, mash them into a potato hash, or use them as the protein in your favorite breakfast burrito recipe.
Classic Breakfast Sausage Links [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Classic Breakfast Sausage Links [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Classic Breakfast Sausage Links [Vegan]
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in pinto beans and smash with a fork until you get a nice paste.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine. You can use a wooden spoon to do this, or your hands. The texture should end up being slightly firm and spongy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in 1 tablespoon olive oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- While pan is heating up, shape your links.
- Place links in skillet and heat on medium-high heat, turning them every few minutes. You want to make sure all sides have a nice crisp to them. Serve hot.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.