One of the greatest things about these cups is that they require only four ingredients! Creamy, dark chocolate surrounds a little nugget of a matcha-cashew mixture. When you bite into these, the crunchy chocolate shell gives way to the chewy, nutty center for an absolutely delicious mouthful. We promise pure bliss with these matcha cashew cups – effortless to make, effortless to eat, simple happiness.
4-Ingredient Matcha Cashew Cups [Vegan]
- 3 dark chocolate bars
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- Grey salt, for topping
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate bars down, stirring constantly.
- Spoon a little melted chocolate into the bottom of 8 silicon cupcake moulds — enough to cover the bottom.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden. Leave the remaining melted chocolate in the double boiler with the heat off so that it stays melted.
- In the meantime, process the cashews in your food processor until they begin to break down and form a butter. Add the maple syrup and matcha to the cashews and process to combine.
- When the chocolate in the moulds has hardened, remove from the freezer. Take about 2 teaspoons worth of the cashew-matcha mixture and form a small ball. Place the ball in the center of the cupcake mould and press down slightly. Make sure there is space between the cashew-matcha mixture and the cupcake mould.
- Spoon the remaining melted chocolate on top of the cashew-matcha mixture in all 8 cups. Make sure the mixture is completely covered and no green is showing. Sprinkle a tiny bit of grey salt on top of each cup.
- Return the moulds to your freezer for 30-45 minutes, until completely hard.
- Gently remove the cups from the moulds by peeling down one side of the silicon mould and pushing the cup up from the bottom.
- Enjoy right away and store in your freezer.