For all of you who want to incorporate more beans into your diet – listen up! These brownies are a true winner! They're dense, fudgy, rich, chocolatey and completely flourless. They're sweetened with date syrup and made with kidney beans, so they're high protein, so they're the perfect healthier treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Flourless Walnut Kidney Bean Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 14-ounce can kidney beans
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, or less if you want less sugar
- 1/8 cup natural date syrup or 3 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 flax eggs (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, plus 3 tablespoons water per "egg")
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 345°F.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Place the beans and the rest of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a high-speed blender and mix until combined.
- Line a brownie pan with parchment paper and pour in the dough mixture.
- Spread the dough evenly and place the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, remove from the oven, and let cool down before cutting into squares.