They are great for both vegans and gluten-free diets. This recipe is great for fall with the addition of pumpkin spice. A blender and only one bowl is needed to create these protein packed powerhouse blondies! They make a great dessert, but can also be an energizing snack!
Flourless Chickpea Pumpkin Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (~1.5 cups)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add chickpeas to blender or food processor, pulse until chickpeas are broken down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread dough into pan and cook for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.