Who said it was impossible to get desserts without eating loads of sugars and unhealthy fats? This black bean brownies recipe is the healthiest dessert ever and is actually almost like a healthy meal. As black beans are the main (and almost the only) ingredient in these brownies, it’s packed with good proteins, potassium, iron, magnesium, calcium, B6 vitamin and loads of fiber!
Flourless Black Bean Brownies With Raspberry Swirls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups of black beans (or 2 cans)
- 2 chia egg ( To make one chia egg, soak 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in 6 tablespoons of water overnight)
- About 1/2 cup of your favorite sweetener. If you use dates, it is recommended that you soak them in hot water before adding to the mix. Adjust to taste.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons coconut oil.
- About 1/2 to 3/4 cup cacao powder. Adjust to taste.
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 handful chopped pecans – optional
- 1 handful dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips) – optional.
- 1 cup raspberries – optional. If you use frozen raspberries, make sure to defrost them properly beforehand.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Make sure your beans are really soft (well cooked) and rinsed very well too.
- Blend all ingredients (except nuts and chocolate chips) in your high speed blender until well combined.
- Grease your brownie pan.
- Optional – add nuts, raspberries and / or chocolate chips into your brownie batter and stir with a spoon.
- Pour your batter into your pan.
- Optional – sprinkle extra nuts and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.