Decadent, fudgy, and flourless, this black bean brownie pecan pie is perfect for any occasion. A topping of glazed pecans sends it over the top!
Flourless Black Bean Brownie Pecan Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large flax egg (2-1/2 tablespoons flax meal, plus 6 tablespoons water)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine water and flax meal. Pulse a few times and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the flax egg excluding 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Pulse for five minutes. Then, test the consistency. (If the batter does not fall off the spoon when lifted, add one teaspoon of water at a time and pulse to mix. The batter should not be runny.
- Transfer brownie mixture to a separate bowl and fold in the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Insert batter into the prepared round pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from pan.
- For the glazed pecans: preheat oven to 350°F and line a sheet pan with foil.
- In a small saucepan combine pecans, sugars, and water. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly until the sugar thickens to a syrup. Stir in cinnamon and salt.
- Transfer pecans to the foil-lined sheet pan. Bake for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through, until pecans are toasted. Remove from oven and let cool. Spread evenly over the top of the cooled de-panned brownie. Store in fridge for up to one week.