This sweet bread is a really simple mix of healthy ingredients. The base is banana flour, which we’ll combine with a generous dose of cinnamon, date paste, applesauce, flax eggs, almond milk, and of course, apples. Soft, sweet, and full of apples and cinnamon, it’s an absolute breakfast dream on a chilly fall morning. And, it'll make your kitchen smell like fall!
Flourless Apple Cinnamon Bread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 cups banana/plantain flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup date paste (about 15 dates blended with 1 cup hot water, then measure out 1 cup paste)
- 1 cup diced apples (about 1 medium-sized apple)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds in a small bowl with 6 tablespoons water, set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes)
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the banana flour and cinnamon.
- Add the applesauce, date paste, apples, flax eggs, and almond milk and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden on top and the middle no longer feels too soft/gooey. Bread will firm up as it cools.