This sweet bread is a really simple mix of healthy ingredients. The base is banana flour, which we’ll combine with a generous dose of cinnamon, date paste, applesauce, flax eggs, almond milk, and of course, apples. Soft, sweet, and full of apples and cinnamon, it’s an absolute breakfast dream on a chilly fall morning. And, it'll make your kitchen smell like fall!
Flourless Apple Cinnamon Bread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Flourless Apple Cinnamon Bread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 cups banana/plantain flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup date paste (about 15 dates blended with 1 cup hot water, then measure out 1 cup paste)
- 1 cup diced apples (about 1 medium-sized apple)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds in a small bowl with 6 tablespoons water, set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes)
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
How to Prepare Flourless Apple Cinnamon Bread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the banana flour and cinnamon.
- Add the applesauce, date paste, apples, flax eggs, and almond milk and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden on top and the middle no longer feels too soft/gooey. Bread will firm up as it cools.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Calories: 360 | Carbs: 71g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 18g | Sugar: 14g | Sodium: 31mgNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.