This vibrant sorbet is perfect for spring! Celebrate the change of the seasons with this delicious dessert!
5-Ingredient Passion Fruit Sorbet [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups passion fruit pulp without seeds (about 6- 8 medium passion fruits)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezes lime juice
- Put the passionfruit pulp in a food processor and press to separate the seeds from the juicy bits. Scrape into a sieve set over a medium bowl, pushing through as much pulp as you can. In a medium saucepan place the passion fruit pulp with the sugar. Cook on medium heat, moving occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of the food processor, scoop the avocado flesh. Add the passion fruit mixture, salt, and lime juice. Click until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Pour into an ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer's directions, or until the sorbet has become thick (around 20-25 minutes).
- Transfer to storage container and let harden in the freezer for 3-4 hours.