These fig and almond oat bars are so tasty and easy to make! You can make them gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats and refined sugar-free if you use stevia! They are the perfect snacks, but also would be nice as a sweet after-dinner treat. Make them on Sunday, so you can have them ready for the week. These fig and almond oat bars are full of healthy ingredients that, when mixed together, create a delicious snack! You'll love 'em!
Fig and Almond Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Bars:
- 5 ounces gluten-free oat flakes
- 2 3/4 ounces almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 ounces brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon liquid coconut oil
- 1 pinch fine salt
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces of figs without the green peel
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon stevia powder (add to your taste)
- 3/4 ounces chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turn the oven on 356ºF.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Chop the peeled figs with the chia seeds and vanilla in a mincer until mashed. Add stevia to taste. Set Aside
- Chop the oatmeal in the chopper or the food processor until it has a flour-like texture.
- Add almond flour, rice syrup, cinnamon and salt. mix it all by hand or in the chopper to get a paste.
- Put in the pan the dough you have prepared, but leaving about 1/4 of the amount aside.
- On top place the fig filling.
- Place the remaining dough over the filling, undoing it with your fingers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until consistent and the top mass begins to brown.
- Remove, allow to cool completely before leaving.
- Store in the fridge.