This vegan mayonnaise is made from a surprising ingredient: fava beans! With simple seasonings and great flavor, throw a batch of this in your fridge for a spread to put on any sandwich that needs a little extra topping, or for any other mayonnaise needs!
Fava Bean Mayonnaise [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup raw fava beans
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 7 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the fava beans and put them in a saucepan with the water and the onion to boil.
- When it boils, add salt and pepper, and then let cool.
- After it's cold, put it in a blender and mix it.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients and blend until they are incorporated.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and keep in the fridge.
- Beans - White