If you are a pumpkin fan then this fabulous dish is for you. Filled to the brim with delicious vegetables and a savory pumpkin sauces, you may find yourself devouring it all before Prince Charming even shows up!
Fairytale Pumpkin Feast for Two [Vegan]
- 1 fairytale pumpkin
- 1 cup romanesco
- 1/2 cup rice, measured dry
- 1/2 cup lentils, measured dry
- 1/2 cup celeriac, shredded
- 1/2 cup parsnip, shredded
- 1 onion slice, diced
- 3 cups fairytale pumpkin meat
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, or 1 tbsp dried
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the top off of fairytale pumpkin with a large, sharp knife and scoop out the guts.
- Bake at 350° F for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice and lentils.
- With about 5 minutes left on the rice and lentils, throw in the shredded celeriac, parsnip, romanesco, and diced onion.
- Once the pumpkin is done cooking, scrape out about 3 cups of meat and throw it in the blender. Add in the rest of the sauce ingredients and blend.
- Add the rice, lentil and veggies into the pumpkin bowl and pour the pumpkin sauce on top.