This is the most realistic vegan bacon that will ever meet your tastebuds! The texture is crispy, it has the smoky, salty, sweet flavors of the real thing, and it looks super realistic too. It goes great on the side, inside a sandwich or veggie burger, or just the way it is.
Extra Crispy Rice Paper Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 14 rice paper sheets (6-inch diameter)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vegetable broth, tamari, liquid smoke, maple syrup, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and paprika and whisk together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Fill a baking dish with water.
- Dip each sheet of rice paper into the baking dish to wet each one.
- Stack two sheets together then cut into strips.
- Brush both sides of each strip with the marinade.
- Place each strip on the baking sheet lining them throughout the sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and serve.