Everything Bagel Cauliflower Bites are sweet, spicy and crispy all over. Perfect finger food!
Everything Bagel Cauliflower Bites [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Everything Bagel Cauliflower Bites [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower Bites:
- 1 head of Cauliflower, chopped in medium chunks
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed into very small pieces
- 1 cup bread crumbs (See Notes!)
- 1/2 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tablespoons Everything Bagel seasoning (See Notes!)
- 1 cup Almond milk (You can use your favorite plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce (Store-bought or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
For the Sweet and Spicy Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce (Store-bought or homemade)
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (Store-bought or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock, organic
For the Toppings:
- Everything Bagel seasoning (See Notes!)
How to Prepare Everything Bagel Cauliflower Bites [Vegan]
To Make the Cauliflower Bites:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheet with parchment paper. NOTE: Doing this step is a MUST to prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, add the milk, flour, Buffalo sauce, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika, and whisk together until fully combined. Set aside.
- In ziplock bag, add the crushed corn flakes, breadcrumbs, and Everything Bagel seasoning together and shake them together until well combined and blended.
- Now, dip each cauliflower into batter (shaking off any excess) and then add it into the coating mixture within the ziplock bag, shaking everything together until cauliflower bite is well coated. Then lay each cauliflower side by side on the baking sheet (about an inch apart). Repeat until all cauliflower are coated.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and “crunchy” looking. NOTE: If not crispy enough, turn on broil and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
To Make the Sweet and Spicy Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk together until it begins to boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and let everything simmer for about 15 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Once thickened enough to desired consistency, remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cauliflowers are crisp, remove from oven and toss them in the sauce until fully coated. Add coated cauliflower back to baking sheet and place them back in the oven (turning oven on broil) for about 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning for garnish.
- To serve, add cauliflower bites to a salad, tacos, atop pasta, as a topping on pizza, with quinoa or rice, or by themselves with Vegan Ranch dipping sauce.
- Bon Appetit!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.