These savory little tarts are filled with a mix of tender eggplant, potato, fresh parsley, and spices. They are made using kourou dough, a Greek type of short crust pastry dough. They are the perfect balance of comfort food and elegant appetizer for parties.
Eggplant Potato Tartlets [Vegan]
- 1 batch of dough
- 2 eggplants
- 5.3 ounces of boiled potatoes
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon of fresh mint
- 1/4 cup ground nuts
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Whole walnuts, for garnish
- On a baking sheet place the eggplant, garlic, and onion and bake at 390°F for about 45 minutes or until soft.
- Peel eggplants and put flesh in a blender along with boiled potato. Then transfer to a bowl. Put in the baked onions and garlic as well.
- Add the nut, nutritional yeast, oil, paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well. Leave to cool.
- Spread the dough and, with a bowl/glass, cut into round pieces. Put them in silicone muffin cases and they stick to walls forming nests.
- Make holes with a fork and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350°F until browned. Let cool.
- Distribute the filling mixture between the 12 tartlets. Garnish with a walnut.