These savory little tarts are filled with a mix of tender eggplant, potato, fresh parsley, and spices. They are made using kourou dough, a Greek type of short crust pastry dough. They are the perfect balance of comfort food and elegant appetizer for parties.
Eggplant Potato Tartlets [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Eggplant Potato Tartlets [Vegan]
- 1 batch of dough
- 2 eggplants
- 5.3 ounces of boiled potatoes
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon of fresh mint
- 1/4 cup ground nuts
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Whole walnuts, for garnish
How to Prepare Eggplant Potato Tartlets [Vegan]
- On a baking sheet place the eggplant, garlic, and onion and bake at 390°F for about 45 minutes or until soft.
- Peel eggplants and put flesh in a blender along with boiled potato. Then transfer to a bowl. Put in the baked onions and garlic as well.
- Add the nut, nutritional yeast, oil, paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well. Leave to cool.
- Spread the dough and, with a bowl/glass, cut into round pieces. Put them in silicone muffin cases and they stick to walls forming nests.
- Make holes with a fork and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350°F until browned. Let cool.
- Distribute the filling mixture between the 12 tartlets. Garnish with a walnut.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.