This Eggplant Stew is really simple to make and only takes a few ingredients! Just grab some eggplants, tomatoes, onions, tomato paste, and spices and you’re good to go. So healthy and delicious––what’s not to love? It’s a one-pot meal and after dicing your fresh veggies and simmering them for about 20 minutes, it’s ready to enjoy. Eggplant stew is great on its own, but can also be enjoyed over quinoa, brown rice, or even pasta. Try it out!
Eggplant, Onion, and Tomato Stew [Vegan, Paleo]
- 1 organic eggplant (medium, unpeeled, and diced)
- 2 organic Roma tomatoes (small, diced)
- 1 organic onion (small, diced)
- 1 jar organic tomato paste (7-ounce glass jar or 8-ounce can)
- 1 teaspoon organic cumin powder
- 1 pinch organic cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup purified or distilled water
- Prepare the veggies: dice the unpeeled eggplant, tomatoes, and onions into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or skillet, add the tomato paste, cumin, pink Himalayan salt, cayenne pepper, and water and stir well.
- Add the veggies and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the eggplant are tender.
- Serve plain or over quinoa, rice or your favorite grain.