Looking for an easy and satisfying meal for the busy week? In this recipe, vermicelli noodles are stir-fried with a variety of textures. Topped with sesame seeds for an extra nutty flavor, this simple meal is perfect for the whole family.
Easy Stir Fried Vermicelli Noodles [Vegan]
For the Noodles:
- 6-8 cups water
- 8 ounces vermicelli noodles
- 3 ounces tofu
- 2 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked for 20 minutes in advance or fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 ounces snow peas, tips removed
- 3 ounces red peppers, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon mushroom seasoning
- 1/4 cup cilantro, shredded
For the Seasoning:
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Boil the vermicelli rice noodles in hot water for 3 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Mix seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat wok or fry pan at medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoon oil.
- Add the tofu and mushrooms. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add snow peas and peppers. Stir fry another minute.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and mushroom seasoning.
- Add vermicelli noodles and seasonings. Stir fry another 3 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.