Though you may associate carrot cake with the springtime, the veggie-based cake can easily be enjoyed all year round! Especially in the fall and winter months when the carrot harvest is plentiful. This easy to make, moist cake only requires 8 ingredients and a bit of time. Top it with a simple, delicious frosting and voilá! Dessert is served.
Easy Spelt Carrot Cake [Vegan]
- 1 3/5 cups spelt flour
- 4/5 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2.6 ounces finely grated carrots
- 7 ounces vegan yogurt
- 2/5 cup and 1 teaspoon oil
- Preheat oven to 360°F. Prepare a loaf pan with coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, add and mix dry ingredients together until evenly dispersed.
- In a large size bowl, add the wet ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined making sure not to over-mix the batter. Don´t use a hand mixer! Use a spoon or a fork.
- Pour carrot cake batter into the loaf pan and even out the top with the back of a spatula. Bake for 40 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clear. The amount of time the carrot cake takes to bake will depend on your oven. Remove cake from the oven and leave it to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the loaf pan and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Top with your favorite icing.