Make a loaf of this easy sourdough bread and enjoy your new favorite bread recipe! Soft, delicious, with that classic sourdough flavor - what could be better?
Easy Sourdough Bread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Easy Sourdough Bread [Vegan]
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 6 cups high-grade wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup cold water
How to Prepare Easy Sourdough Bread [Vegan]
- In a bowl using a wooden spoon combine starter water and half of the high-grade flour.
- Add salt then slowly add the remaining flour 1/2 a cup at a time, once it can’t be mixed with the wooden spoon start using your hands to mix it in, continue to add the flour until it begins to resemble as a dough.
- Shape the dough into two or three large oval shapes loaves then place in a baking tray in a warm place covered with a damp towel. Set it aside for 12 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
- Add some slits on the dough surface then place it on a cold oven (not preheated) then turn the temperature setting to 350°F then bake for 50-60 minutes or until the surface turns golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven then let it cool for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Whole Wheat
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.