Everyone that tried these falafels was shocked to find out that the recipe is so easy and quick and most importantly uses only 8, simple, easily accessible and budget-friendly ingredients. All the different veggies go perfectly well with the chickpeas and make the falafel richer and more flavorful.
Easy Falafel [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free]
- 2/3 cup canned chickpeas (rinsed and dried)
- 2 medium-sized carrots, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 spring onions (only the green parts)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoon gluten-free flour mix or oat flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper according to taste
- Add all the veggies together with the parsley, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor and mix to combine.
- Add the chickpeas and continue to mix. Stop once everything is combined but yet it is still chucky, you don't want to get a completely smooth consistency.
- Add the cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add one or two tablespoons GF or Oat flour, depends on the consistency you are aiming to get.
- Preheat the oven to 392°F.
- Scoop a full tablespoon and form it into a disc, place the disc on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30min on 360°F, flip them half point in order to cook even.