This simple "fish" is an easy, creative way to satisfy your craving for seafood. Thinly sliced zucchini is marinated in lemon juice, chives, and parsley, then wrapped with nori, which brings on the flavors of the sea. Then, it's dipped in a gluten-free batter and fried to light, golden, crispy perfection.
Easy Crispy Zucchini ‘Fish’ [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 bunch finely chopped parsley
- 5 slices nori seaweed
- 4 cup cold water
- Oil, for frying
- Salt, pepper, and cumin to taste
- Wash the zucchini and cut into 5 long, thin slices. Let macerate (see notes) in a bowl with lemon juice, cumin, pepper, salt, chives, and parsley. Cover with parchment paper and let rest for at least 3 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour and baking powder. Add water and stir until a thick paste forms.
- Once 3 hours have passed, wrap each piece of zucchini in a sheet of nori and dip in the chickpea flour mixture. Add oil to a skillet and fry until golden, then let drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.