These Easy Cinnamon Pecan Cookies are chewy on the outside, soft on the inside. Who doesn't love a buttery, gluten-free pecan cookie.
Easy Cinnamon Pecan Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free oat flour (oats blended into a flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 chia egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients except for the pecans: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add solid coconut oil and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the sugar into the solid oil—this will take a few minutes. Cut until only small coconut oil clumps remain
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients, chia egg, and vanilla extract and mix together
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl and mix together. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Transfer 2 tbsp balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10-14 minutes and allow to cool completely before enjoying.