Making dough and using a steamer, you get these amazing Chinese buns. Want to know how you can make easy steamed Chinese buns? Let's get started!
Easy Chinese Steamed Buns [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 and 1/4 cup flour
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon vegetable butter, at room temperature
- Vegetable oil for oiling bowl, brushing bun dough
- Warm the vegetable butter and dissolve the yeast into the warm butter and milk.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt to taste.
- Pour butter and milk mixture into a stand mixer. Add a couple tablespoons. of flour.
- Mix and add all of the flour mix. Knead for at least 8 minutes and 2 minutes by hand.
- Let the dough proof for at least 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Roll the dough and cut 3,5 inch circles and fold into tacos. Press the end of the folded taco with a rolling pin.
- Proof for another 30 minutes.
- Heat water. Put buns in the steamer and steam for 5 minutes.
- Ready to fill with spicy soy pork or whatever vegan filling you like, and serve!