Cauliflower rice is a wonderful replacement for rice when you're desiring a grainy texture without all the unnecessary carbs. This cauliflower dish is simple, light, and very versatile. Here it is topped with hot sauce and sunflower, hemp, and sesame seeds, but would taste equally delicious with peanut sauce or curry.
Easy Cauliflower Rice and Greens [Vegan]
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1-2 cups of mixed greens
- 1 cup Maitake mushrooms, or other variety
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Sunflower seeds (optional)
- Hemp seeds (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
To Make the Cauliflower:
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and chop into large pieces. Place in a food processor and blend for 10 seconds until the cauliflower is chopped into small rice-like pieces.
- Lay on a paper towel, layer another paper towel on top and press to remove any moisture for about 1 minute.
To Make the Vegetables:
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat and then add the garlic and shallot. Cook for about 2 minutes until the garlic and onion start to become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes until the mushrooms start to cook, then add in the cauliflower.
- Cook the cauliflower for about 5 minutes until slightly tender, but not soggy. Add in the mixed greens and bell pepper and sautée until they begin to wilt.
- In a bowl, add the cauliflower and vegetables, and add your desired toppings.