This berry cheesecake is also a really fun and delicious recipe because it’s so easy to make and you only need about 10 simple ingredients. It’s really easy to prepare as well, in regards to special equipment you just need a food processor or blender (not even a high speed one as you don’t have any nuts to grind into a super fine consistency and the tofu blends very easily). Apart from that it’s also quite customizable - feel free to be creative and play with different berry combinations!
Easy Berry Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 7 ounces vegan cookies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 10 1/2 ounces silken tofu
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 7 ounces blueberries
- 1 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon agar agar
Blackberry Jam Layer:
- 7 ounces blackberries
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon lime/lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- lime slices + zest
- Line your cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse a few times until crumbly. Transfer to a bowl and add in the coconut oil. Combine with a spoon until all crumbles are moist, then transfer to the cake pan. Use your fingers and the backside of a cup to press down evenly, then place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk into a pot and place over medium heat until melted. Add in the agar agar and whisk together. Reduce to low heat and let simmer for 30-60 seconds, then take off the heat.
- Immediately place your tofu, maple syrup, and blueberries in the blender and add the coconut mixture. You have to work quick or else it will set. Blend everything together for 30-60 seconds, then pour over the cake crust. If it already set a bit and you have some lumpy parts, use a whisk to dissolve, then place into the fridge.
- Place your blackberries in the blender, together with lime/lemon juice and maple syrup and blend a few seconds until smooth. Place a strainer over a pot and mash the blackberry mixture through the strainer to remove the seeds. Turn up the heat to medium and add in the corn starch. Whisk together and let simmer for 10-20 seconds, then immediately pour over the cake and even out with a spatula. Place back into the fridge for minimum 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with more berries, lime slices, zest and whatever you feel like.